Thursday 16 February 2012

N is for New Arrival

Hi everyone and happy February! It may be a little late but I have just realised this is my first February blog- oh no! I have been running and exercising- I promise. I've even lost 2 more pounds. The problem is that I've been a little... well... distracted.
The truth is you see, on Monday the 20th of February, I am eagerly expecting a new arrival. I know it will be hard. I know there will be times when I feel like giving up and throwing in the towel. But I am ready, dear readers!
Believe me, I have done this twice before so I am fully prepared for:
·         middle of the night floor pacing whilst my husband and I struggle to find the on/off switch
·         stress and confusion whilst we try to decipher everyone else's instructions and tips
·         the expense- have you any idea how much these things cost?
On Monday morning, my middle aged, sweetly smiling, definitely balding post man will act as the stork when he delivers my new GARMIN! (Cue rapturous round of applause.) I have been researching the new addition to our family since Christmas and am truly giddy at the prospect of being able to put funny looking links onto my Daily Mile account so that fellow runners can share in my delight/pain- of course, it could take me until next February to work out how to switch the thing on but hey, keep the faith!
            According to Amazon, my new baby will look like this:


It's not the most expensive Garmin- it won't tell me my heart rate whilst counting my steps and telling me I'm only working at 30% of my actual ability (i.e. that I'm being lazy.) If it did that, the thing would end up swimming with the fishes in the local canal. No, it looks nice and simple... I just hope that appearances aren't deceptive!
            If you have any top tips please let me know... otherwise my miles will consist entirely of floors paced during arguments with my techie husband...
            4 days to go x

No comments:

Post a Comment